Since our founding, Steelbridge has been a faith-based organization, long before “faith-based” became a popular term.
Here’s what it means to us today:
- Our services are provided to all people in need, regardless of their beliefs.
- Our donors and volunteers are people of all different faiths, or no faith at all.
- Our work consistently presents a personal encounter with Jesus Christ as the most important step for personal transformation. Only He can change the human heart and bring the soul to life.
- It is a person's commitment to following Jesus and His teachings that result in positive changes in behavior and thinking.
We are not officially affiliated with or endorsed a particular church or denomination.
Our work is holistic, addressing the needs of the whole person, including spiritual needs. We believe that recovery is an affair of the heart. We look at recovery of the heart as well as the body and the mind. When the heart is changed, the recovery is permanent.
Our board members affirm and our staff members understand our statement of faith, which reads in part:
We believe that all believers are called to obey not only the first great commandment, to "love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength," but also the second great commandment…"You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
We believe that ministry to “the least of these” in the name of Christ is commanded for all disciples of Jesus Christ and should be the basis of our purpose statement.
Our Statement of Faith
The Steelbridge Statement of Faith represents the core beliefs that inspire and set the standard by which all of our existing programs are created and focused.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is God's inspired and infallible Word, and is the supreme standard and final authority for all conduct, faith, and doctrine.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, but by willful transgression became sinful and is justly under the condemnation and wrath of Almighty God.
- We believe that the only salvation from this guilt and condemnation is through faith in the righteousness and atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this salvation is the free gift of God's love and grace.
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit and that His ministry is to reveal Christ to men, to convict of sin, to regenerate repentant sinners and, by His presence and power, to sanctify the lives of the redeemed.
- We believe that there will be a resurrection of the just and the unjust; the just, having been redeemed by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be with Him throughout eternity in glory; the unjust, having died impenitent and unreconciled to God, eternally separated from God.
- We believe that all followers of Christ are called to obey not only the first great commandment, to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, but also the second great commandment of our Lord: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
- We believe that ministry to “the least of these” (Matt 25:40) in the name of Christ is commanded for all followers of Christ and should be the basis of our purpose statement.